Saturday, August 27, 2011

Where are the ads?

This was going to be about an ad for a great specialty retailer that I saw in The Georgia Straight. But when I went to the newspaper's website to see if I could find a PDF of the current issue, or some link to the ad, I found nothing.
The Georgia Straight is a free newspaper, and so advertising is its only source of revenue. In an era when most media are desperate for advertisers, you would think that it would make sense to provide some way for users of the on-line version of the newspaper to see find the firms paying to advertise in the print version of the paper.
I can search the classified ads, but not the display ads. This seems to be a big lost opportunity for the newspaper, its readers and most of all the advertisers.
So, I'll scan the ad and next time I'll talk about headphone bar.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home