Thursday, August 4, 2011

I love the magazine, but I won't resubscribe

Almost all magazines have a date on the front cover. Generally the date is some time in the future. The September magazines will be appearing within the next couple of weeks. (Mid-August)

Of course there are exceptions. In the 1960s Mad Magazine's cover dates were three to four months later than their arrival on the news stand.

The other extreme are the magazines that arrive long after the cover date. I was a subscriber to Pedal magazine. This is a Canadian cycling magazine. Over the past year the magazine has been arriving later and later, often well after the cover date. The final straw was the May 2011 issue which turned up in late July. (Filled with ads for events that took place in May.)

In Pedal's defence, there was a postal strike on in June, but the May issue should have been in my hands long before the strike was on.

So, I will not resubscribe to a magazine that I like, about a sport I enjoy, with writers that I like reading. (And I can't imagine that the late arrivals are making the advertisers happy either.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home