Monday, July 11, 2011

This side up, or down (Your choice)








Bowen Island is having a bit of a building boom. There are some big homes going up and money seems to be no object. When I went look at the building site on Sunday I noticed that the plywood subfloor appears to have been installed upside down.







There are a number of possible causes.




  1. The builders don't care (bad)


  2. The builders think they know better (perhaps bad)


  3. The builders can't read (very bad)


  4. It doesn't matter which way it is installed (very confusing)


No matter what, this is a failure to communicate the benefits of installation between the manufacturer and the end user. So either it was installed upside down for a reason, and it will not affect the performance, or the builders are sloppy.



If I was the homeowner, either way I'd be concerned. I wonder if they'll ever find out?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home