Wednesday, June 29, 2011

May contain odd things





I love the vagaries of retail packaging. Things often seem as clear as mud.


Last week I was in a Dollarama store and saw these olives. I don't particularly like olives, but my wife and daughter love them. And for a 3-year old, olive with pits are probably not the best idea. So I picked up a tin of these olives. The label proudly proclaims that the tin contains "Pitted Black Olives". Great, except the fine print at the bottom says "Caution: May contain pits".



Either the olive packing factory's machines don't work properly, and they miss some pits, or the factory just doesn't care. Either way it makes me wonder what other undesirable ingredients may make it into the can.


What's next? "Manufactured in a peanut-free facility" with the tiny type announcing, "Caution: May contain peanuts!".



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home