Saturday, December 27, 2014

The happiest staff in retail

The LEGO store, Oakridge Shopping Centre, Vancouver, BC
Last week I stopped in at the LEGO store in the Oakridge Shopping Centre in Vancouver.

The service was outstanding. The staff were cheerful, helpful, and seemed happy to be working at the store. This was a far cry from the confusion and apathy that I encountered at Toys R Us.

Like many retailers, LEGO had a link to a survey on the receipt. I went on-line, completed the survey and received a personalized email back from the store manager.

Good customer service is increasingly a rarity, but stores that offer good service and good products thrive. I think it a shame that so many people focus solely on price when deciding where to shop. Their money goes to soulless corporations that seem to make not effort at all to understand their customers.

Yes, I know that LEGO is a huge corporation, and in upcoming posts I have some nice things to say about a few independent retailers that also offer great service.  

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home