Sunday, December 21, 2014

Really Useful and made in the UK

Really Useful Boxes at DeSerres, Vancouver, BC

I saw these little plastic boxes at my local DeSerres store in Vancouver. I was quite surprised that the boxes are made in the United Kingdom.

What do you think is manufactured in the United Kingdom? Rolls Royce? Aston Martin? Clothing on Saville Row? A tiara by Asprey the jeweller? 

Small plastics does not spring to mind. These are the sorts of things that we expect to see knocked off for less than half the price by some factory in China. But I have to say that I'm happy to see that there are still some innovative firms in the UK making interesting products. 

Really Useful Products, http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/, is based in Normanton, West Yorkshire. Decades ago the main industries in this area were railways and mining, now it is increasingly a commuter suburb for Leeds. Interesting that a firm like Really Useful would be based there. In addition to manufacturing in Normanton, Really Useful also manufactures in the United States.

And what did I need a plastic box for? To hold the set of "Cards Against Humanity" that I printed out, but that is another story.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home