Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I hope they are not using the same software to run the navigation system


Video screen at Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal, West Vancouver, BC

Video screen at Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal, West Vancouver, BC (Detail)
I saw this screen while I waited for the ferry at Horseshoe Bay. I am never surprised by these sorts of computer glitches, and indeed there are many articles devoted to the dreaded "blue screen of death" and its origin and history.

So, while seeing these screens is quite common, it is disconcerting to see them at an organization that is in the transportation business. And the fact that the IT Service Desk has no idea that this "system error" has occurred is also a bit of a worry.

Hope it is fixed by the next time I'm on the ferry.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home