Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Great event! Too bad it's over.

Advertisement for the Vancouver International Film Festival, Renfrew SkyTrain Station, Vancouver, BC (Photograph taken October 18, 2014)

This is getting really old. Every time I take public transit, which has been quite frequently as it seems to have been raining non-stop for the past month, I see an advertisement for an event that is over. In this case it was a poster for the the Vancouver International Film Festival. A festival that closed over a week before I took the photo.

Now I don't have anything against the film festival, and I quite like the eye image that was used on the poster, but the more often I see out-of-date advertisements on the SkyTrain the lower I think the demand is for this advertising space. If they could sell the space to another advertiser this advertisement would have been taken down.

The contracts for the space at SkyTrain stations are generally four weeks in duration. In that case the festival should have booked a four-week window that ended just after the festival finished. There are ways to avoid filling the stations with expired advertising. Let's see them put into action.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home