Saturday, March 24, 2012

Who says it is the best?

I was out for a ride this afternoon and saw this sign. Whenever I see a business that proclaims that it is the "best" I wonder who was the authority that conferred the honour.
But of course, there may be no external party at all, it may merely be a statement of intent. The shipyard wants to be the best, and a public proclamation is the business's way of hold itself accountable.
And the "established since" is also a bit puzzling. perhaps they mean "established in 1963", or "in business since 1963". Perhaps there are other shipyards that were founded earlier, but closed, and then re-opened, and Tom-Mac wants to indicate that the yard has been in business continuously since 1963.
But, alas, I have no boat, and so I'll probably never step foot inside the yard. So my observations are mere idle conjecture. (But then isn't that what blogs are for?)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home