Friday, February 24, 2012

Engaging with customers, yong and not quite so young


I have been a fan of LEGO since I was a kid. One of my proudest accomplishments was never making anything from the design book that accompanied the LEGO set that I got for Christmas when I was 9.
Too late I've found what would have been the ideal job for me, LEGO Certified Professional.
"LEGO Certified Professionals is a community-based program made up of adult LEGO hobbyists who have turned their passion for building and creating with LEGO bricks into a full-time or part-time profession.
LEGO Certified Professionals are not LEGO employees, but they are officially recognized by the LEGO Group as trusted business partners.
Each LEGO Certified Professional is selected for the program based on his or her:
  • Building proficiency
  • Enthusiasm for the LEGO brick and building system
  • Professional approach towards other LEGO fans and the broader public"

Source: http://aboutus.lego.com/en-us/lego-group/programs-and-visits/lego-certified-professionals/

This level of engagement with your customers is both remarkable and rare. Despite the recent battles that LEGO has had with its main competitor, Canada's Mega Bloks, LEGO has a very loyal clientele, some great licensing deals ( including Star Wars and Harry Potter), and, in my experience, superior product quality.

So, I'll remain a keen fan of LEGO, and who knows, maybe in my next career I might try to become a LEGO Certified professional. Sounds much cooler than an MBA.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home